Sunday, May 17, 2009

4 years today

I was deliberately busy today.

I suppose I should crack open the champagne and celebrate.

Regular readers of my blog will know that if their sums are right today is the anniversary of cancer being discovered and that fateful day when I was told I had cancer.

I have never been a celebrator but always feel my anniversary to be traumatic - its not the 17th that worries me it is the week after the 23rd, the day of my brutal neck dissection that has left me less-abled a bit of pain everyday but suppose I am alive.

Friends sent best wishes and family loved me today. I have a lot to be thankful for even in the rain I smiled.

Next weekend will be the rela challenge as I remember it like it was yesterday waking up with the pain, the staples in my neck, the tubes drawing off blood into large bottles and the morphine, on joy it is going to be one hell of a week.

Keep attacking Nige

No comments: