Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It makes it all worthwhile - feedback :)

Hi Nigel,

Forgive me for being so informal, but I feel that I know you already!

As you may have already guessed, I too, am in the... wait for it... SCC club, I was diagnosed on April 21st this year, and by the 06th June I had had a, Tonsillectomy, Tongue biopsy, Neck Dissection, multiple tooth extraction, due to my fillings and a PEG fitted. Followed by 6 weeks of Radial radiotherapy.

I am doing well, considering, but I have an overwhelming "sunken heart" feeling a few days before I have my 4 weekly visit to my fabulous consultant.

I am 46years,just, have never smoked, I am teetotal, great Oral hygiene and have always lived a healthy lifestyle!

I have a fabulous hubby and wonderful children, I say children, my youngest is 22years!

I desperately sought, well, I tried to seek, comfort in someone who may be or has been in a similar situation to me, most were from the good old USA, I then came across.. The Ferryman's Column!


It's just a "Thankyou" really, it has been a great help!!

I too am aiming on kicking this in the arse!

It's a tough call, but somebody's got to do it!!

Kind Regards.....


Linda

No comments: