Thursday, May 26, 2016

11 years ago today

Hello readers it has been a while but 11 years ago today my life changed for ever.  I had a radical neck dissection which whilst left me with half a neck, no feeling on the left hand side of my face and what is left of my neck, no muscles, daily pain but more importantly I am alive and well.

I re-read this today and thought wow 11 years later I am still here and glad to be here.

http://nigelgooding.blogspot.co.uk/2005/05/written-by-nigel-typed-by-his-pa-pat.html

11 years on I still get worried about my facial features, people find it really difficult to see the joins but one or two are able to pick them but apart from that I live and adjust because the treatment despite being brutal saved my life.

I just want to give those out there reading my blog because they are not well and hopefully wanting to understand what the journey you may be on or about to start on that there is light at the end of the tunnel and there is life after treatment.  11 years so far so remember keep attacking.

Nige x

No comments: