Saturday, May 21, 2005

Last post! Nah first one

Why am I doing this?

That is a question I have thought about all day, amongst others less than 24 hours after being diagonoised as having a rare form of cancerous tumour in my mouth, following the removal of one of my tonsils.

I suppose the reason is to give me a way of talking, because it is bloody painful at the moment but sharing the trauma and stress with my family and friends who have been absolutely fantastic over the past 24 hours.

The thought of sitting there and having someone tell you that dreadful news haunted me all night, my dear friend Marta came down from Bristol and supplied the on tap hugs last night, but it was not until the early hours of the morning when the pain of the extraction of the tonsil hit home, that I realised I have a potentially fatal illness inside me.

I have started this blog because it will give me the chance to worry, moan, and explain my life which I often never understood, it will give me strength to absorb the warmness and strength of my friends and convert it into postive energy, it is that with that energy that will allow me to beat this and once again feel well.

Must go Doctor Who beckons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely,

The days, weeks, months ahead will be the hardest of your life. You have friends, family and support from everyone that knows you, We will stand next to you, hold your hand, and be there when needed. We will, collectively, be fighting this cancer. And we will beat it.