Monday, August 15, 2005

not feeling too good

battypatty says; Nigel is not at all well at the moment. He is unable to speak much as his throat is so sore and we employed a kind of sign language and grunts. He is also receiving a high pain meds dosage and is not quite with us. We took in some clean clothes and picked up his dirty laundry ( he is still getting the women in his family to do his laundry! ), went and fetched a few things he wanted and left, He really was not up to visiting. Still, one bright light on the horizon - he now has a phone! It is just a bog standard thing, not like his all-singing, all-dancing thing but hey, beggars can't be choosers. It really broke me up to-day to see him like he is, we went up to get a coffee and I had a bit of a weep, wiped the tears away and went back smiling. So you see Nigel, I am not as hard as I like to make out. If anyone leaves a comment I copy them off and take them in to him and if anyone would like to send him an e-mail then send it to me at therobs1@ntlworld.com and I will make sure he gets it. I am sure he would love to hear from you. Pat.

No comments: